In Conjunction with Case Management Services
Telephonic Nurse Counseling:
- Calls to assess and/or monitor a client’s wellbeing
- Offers telephonic health and medication education
- Follows up with prescribed treatment and discharge care
- Monitors vital signs (on hiatus during COVID 19)
- Provides health, wellness, and safety tips
- Refers clients to outside medical resources (e.g. Primary Care Physician, specialists)
- Facilitates a “Medical Rap” group
Columbia University Registered Psychiatric Nurse Interns:
- Provide supportive counseling for clients who may be;
- Feeling depressed, anxious, isolated, or dealing with the loss of a loved one.
- Looking for additional counseling services to supplement existing services.
- Looking for structured, weekly, confidential sessions with experienced MH nurse practitioners.
Columbia University Occupational Therapy Interns:
- Ensure home safety
- Organize ADLs/IADLs
- Teach falls prevention techniques