Our team of social workers (six LMSWs), one Care Manager, and an LCSW Program Director act as a sounding-board, staunchest advocate, and surrogate family—providing fee-free, personalized, comprehensive care to address the urgent, emerging, and future needs of vulnerable older New Yorkers. The team now includes cognitive specialist and mental health-oriented social workers; two fully bilingual, culturally competent LMSWs; and a make-up more representative of our client demographic.
- Coordinate Care: outside health providers, governmental agencies, family, in-agency consultants
- Secure Benefits and Entitlements: Medicaid, Medicare Part D, SSI, SCRIE, SNAP, Meals on Wheels
- Provide Mental Health Supports: empathic listening, supportive counseling, therapeutic groups
- Advocate in Housing Issues: landlord conflict-resolution, emergency/monthly stipends for rent shortfalls
- Arrange for Homecare Worker: activities of daily living, shopping, hygiene, apartment de-cluttering
- Assist with Legal Matters: Pooled Trusts to qualify clients for benefits, court escorting and advocacy
- Facilitate Transportation: Access-A-Ride, private transportation
For more information, please contact: Susan Siroto, Program Director.